Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kickball for Cancer

 
It's going to be a very full weekend.  Traveling back to my old stomping ground of Massachusetts, my former softball team and one friend in particular got the idea to host a kickball tournament to benefit my campaign.  Taking place on Saturday in Wayland, the event will also be in memory of Gisela Scherzinger, who lost her battle with ovarian cancer a couple of years ago.  I am beyond excited to see my friends, play some kickball (how fun is that?), bid on some raffle items and enjoy the bake sale!   For more information, click here. 
Lest I not race much this month, I found a triathlon in the Boston area to tackle on Sunday.  Hopefully I don't hurt myself with the kickball activities the day before.  Since I lived in this area for 20 years, it will be particularly exciting to cycle on roads that I know so well.  I bet I get a little "home sick".
So come Monday morning I should be pretty beat from the driving, exercising, socializing, and general fun but it's all in the name of finding a method of early detection for ovarian cancer. 
And by the way... are you sporting your TEAL this month?  You do know it's National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, right?