Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, May 9, 2011

New Territory

If you have followed my blog, you know I am not new to racing triathlons. My triathlon history started in 2005 and I have been non-stop since. Indiana will represent state #23 of my 50x50x100 campaign and I can easily double that in total races overall. I have lost count. BUT, I have never attempted two Olympic distances in as many weeks. To further this challenge, I will be competing in four races (3 Olympic, 1 sprint) in the next six weeks.... Indiana, Georgia, Alaska and North Dakota. All while juggling a couple of jobs, not sleeping much, sitting on a bunch of airplanes and spreading the message about fundraising for ovarian cancer. I try not to get ahead of myself or I would be tired already. It's day by day. That being said, the distances are a little overwhelming and I am a little nervous.
The outpouring of support from Indiana has been nothing short of amazing. The race director, Steve, has been onboard with my campaign since we connected last year. He has press and radio lined up and is really helping me to spread the message about ovarian cancer and early detection. A big shout out to Steve, who I have yet to meet, but to whom I owe a debt of gratitude. New state, new competitive challenge.... it's all good.