Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Why Tri?

A friend sent me this recently and although I don't know the original author, it echos so much of what I feel.

Why Tri?

Author Unknown

I tri for the doubters who question my resolve.

I tri for the younger me who never got involved.

I tri for the times that I never thought I would.

I tri for the believers who told me that I could.

I tri to contemplate what life is all about.

I tri for the former me who struggles to get out.

I tri for my family, my neighbors and for you.

I tri so that others may see they can too.

I tri not for glory, notoriety or fame.

I tri very happily just being in the game.

And of course, my own addition... I tri for women battling ovarian cancer, those who have lost the fight and those yet to be diagnosed.