Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Golf Anyone?

While racing in Indiana, a woman named Jenny approached me. She had several personal connections with ovarian cancer is in the health field. So although I wasn't able to "educate" her about signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer, she was very interested in my campaign. We spent some time chatting, she took my blog information and wished me success on my endeavor.
Later that week, I received an email from Jenny. Her golf group, Harbour Trees Ladies 9 Hole Golf League, had agreed to do a fundraiser on my behalf. They were hosting a tournament the following week and proceeds would go to my campaign. Especially timely and tremendously sad is that one of their members is battling ovarian cancer at this time. Thoughts and prayers go out to her.
Well thanks so much to these ladies. The checks arrived yesterday! This is the kind of effort that will make my campaign a success. Grass roots and growing, I am reaching more and more people. Donations are coming in and women are learning the vital information that could save a life. Many thanks to the ladies of Noblesville, Indiana for their support of my 50x50x100 campaign.