Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Water Water Everywhere

Just found out my race in Alaska got some more press. The Redout Reporter, named after one of the big volcanoes in the area, did a spot on Tri the Kenai and captured some information on my campaign. Thanks to Jenny for a great story.
Now I am in North Dakota where things haved turned more serious. The Missouri River has gone way over its limits and has flooded many miles in this area. One of the dams has been opened to minimize damage but it is quite a serious tragedy here. With a good portion of the snow still not melted in the mountains, there is more runoff to be had. This means the situation won't improve for several months. I went to a historic museum today and was able to climb a tower. The overview of the area was staggering, as you could see for miles. Houses under water, fields flooded, roads gone...
I am so blessed to be loved, safe, warm, dry and healthy. I must remember these things everyday.