Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Queen of the Hill

Yesterday was the Mullica Hill, Queen of the Hill, triathlon in NJ. I didn't need to race NJ again but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to do this race. It was their 1st annual race and it was quite special. Complete with a fly over to start, a pristine course, farm fresh blueberries and champagne at the finish and a tiara for the ultimate "queen", this race will clearly become a local favorite. What made the event even more special is that my sister, Kristin, joined me for the first time and it was her first triathlon ever. I am so proud of her, as only about 1% of the population will ever complete an endurance event like a triathlon. We had so much fun and she exceeded her expectations by 15 minutes. Not too shabby for a newbie. Her friend, Jen, came along for the ride and completed her first tri as well. In fact, about 65% of the participants were first timers. It was an all woman's race too. So as you can read, the sport is growing by leaps and bounds.
I feel so blessed to be healthy and able to participate in this sport. Thanks to all the gals in Mullica Hill for the support of OCRF and ovarian cancer detection. You are making a difference. And congratulations to all the first timers for being a triathlete.