Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mission Accomplished







What a wonderful day on the Kenai Peninsula. The weather cooperated in a big way. With an overcast sky and a 39 degree start to the day, I was concerned about warmth. But the sun came out strong, the skies were blue, the course was great and state #25 is complete.

It was a big learning day for me too. Lots of firsts! As you know, I was on a tri bike for the first time, thanks to Beemuns. Slick sled and fun to ride. There was no bike rack and each racer had to bring a stand. I heard it's an "Alaska thing" but it worked out well. I like the designated amount of space I had. Guess what? I saw a moose on the bike leg. Yep... a moose!

And lastly, the run was a cross-country trail run. Whew! Pretty tough but really pretty. Thanks to all the Alaskans for the hospitality and warmth. Thanks to the race directors for putting on a great event and providing a platform for press. Click on the Clarion link and read today's article. And a special thanks to my hosts Bob and Lanie for feeding me and giving me a warm bed. Next stop North Dakota next weekend.