Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

As Far North As I Can Go

I leave this week for state #25, Alaska. It is the furthest I will travel north and I am extremely honored and excited to be racing the Tri the Kenai triathlon, on the Kenai peninsula. Alaska represents the halfway point on this journey and 50x50x100 campaign. Everyone is asking if it is going by quickly and the answer is "yes" and "no". It feels like ages ago when I proclaimed this campaign but it also feels like yesterday when I was racking up states #8 and #9. But slowly and one state at a time, I am traveling the country and talking to women about signs and symptoms and early detection of ovarian cancer. I am truly blessed to be alive to do this. While 21,000 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer this year, 15,000 will die. For all intents and purposes, I should have been one of those. But for some reason, I was spared. I am filled with gratitude as I embark on this long, cross country journey and reminded on a daily basis, that I have an opportunity (and perhaps even an obligation) to make a difference. This is living life!