Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Joining Forces

This morning I will board Amtrak and head to Syracuse to participate in the Hope for Heather Breakfast at Tiffany's Fashion Show and Brunch.   Me and fashion are a bit of an oxymoron and would rarely be found in the same sentence but it's all for a good cause.  A benefit dedicated to fundraising for ovarian cancer research and creating awareness, Hope for Heather has also partnered with the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
Despite the fact this event will not directly affect my 50x50x100 campaign, I am thrilled to be a part of it and welcome the opportunity to spread the message of early detection. 
This connection comes quite by accident. Last season while competing in SheROX Bermuda, I met three ladies who participate in the organization of this event.  They learned of my campaign and thought the fit would be perfect.  They contacted the event organizer and I was asked to be one of the presenters.
Armed with a TEAL dress and a pair of (borrowed) killer heels, I am looking forward to dressing up and being part of this special event. 
Now I've got to go.... I've got a train to catch.