Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Steep Learning Curve

This is a small cross section of my Team Total Training triathlon club. We participated in a swim meet a few days ago... my first ever.  Let's just start by saying, I have no business being in a single event, especially if that single event is swimming. But at the suggestion of my coach, I decided to give it a whirl.  I learned a lot and was humbled even more.  That being said, it was a blast! 
Here's what I learned.
  • I am probably a better distance swimmer than I thought.
  • It takes me at least 200 yards to get warmed up.
  • I am very competitive and rather than have my own lane, I like chasing someone.
  • Drafting makes a HUGE difference and I should capitalize on that whenever possible.
  • It is extremely hard starting out cold and jumping in to swim as fast as possible.
  • I have a new respect for anyone who swims competively.
With two weeks to go until the official beginning of my race season, I am happy to report my foot is better.  I am feeling strong, have dropped a few pounds and added some muscle in the off season.   Running is my achilles heel (no pun intended), swimming has improved and biking should be my ace in the hole. But like the beginning of every season, what I think I know...usually winds up being something totally different. Stay tuned.