Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Let the Season Begin

After what seems like an eternity of planning, I am always amazed when the first race of the season actually arrives.  Wasn't it just a few short months ago that I unpacked for the last time?   With a prolonged 2011 race season, my last race was in November so actually, yes.  I did just unpack a few months ago.  But this time I was smart about it and rather than put things back in drawers, I created a "tri box" in the garage and once clean, everything went there.  It made packing for this upcoming weekend a little easier.
On April Fool's Day, my 2012 season will officially begin with the state of Tennessee.  This represents state #32.   To say I am excited is putting it mildly.  I have a very strong feeling this will be my best season ever.  Networking opportunities are popping up and I am confident the message of early detection will reach a broad audience this season.  Fundraising is going extremely well as I have nearing the $75K mark.  So with 72 hours to go, most of the logistics of my 12 races complete (sans a few flights, hotels and car rentals), my body strong and fit..... the only words I can think of..... BRING IT!