Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

So I Was At This Party...

The subscript for this post should be "You never know who you are going to meet".  I was at my team party last month and sat with a very nice guy, Mike.  He told me he worked for the carpenter's union in NYC.  As part of a gag and for team spirit, everyone who attends the party gets an award.  Mine was the "31 down, 19 to go" award and my coach told the other team members a little about my campaign.  You'd think everyone on the team knows about it but with several hundred team members living 100 miles apart and training at different times, it is impossible to know everyone. So my 50x50x100 information was news to some folks. 
After learning of my efforts, Mike said his union might be able to help.  I gave him some information and we swapped emails the following day.  I wish I had a dollar for everytime this happens but in this case, Mike put his money where his mouth was.  On Monday I came home to a $10,000 check!!!! There are no words for the excitement and joy I felt as I counted the zeros to make sure I hadn't read it wrong. I ran to my neighbors to confirm what I was seeing.  I am so grateful to Mike and the NYC Carpenter's Union for supporting my effort.
Note to self...share the message with everyone I meet. Truly, you never know...