Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Friday, April 12, 2013

A Pre-Season Tuneup

Call it a vacation, call it triathlon training camp or just call it a week at the beach.  I was out of touch for a full week and it felt great.  Traveling with my husband's family for my mother-in-laws 80th birthday, I spent a week in Long Boat Key on the west coast of Florida... heaven!
This might turn into an annual event as it was timed perfectly with my season.  With three weeks to go before my first event, I was able to get in double workouts each day, improving my fitness but more importantly, boosting my confidence.  This year's training has been sub-par due to work and life in general so the lift in confidence was mucho-appreciated.  I rented a bike from Ryder and rode with the folks from Village Bikes and swam with the Sharks at the Sarasota YMCA. Both provided the company and kick in the pants I needed and well, the running I was able to do on my own.
Back to reality now but with a solid base and ready for this year's season. Bring it!