Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Ride of a Lifetime

Heavy into logistics now and starting to confirm details.... The bike is always the most stressful part.  I contacted the bike shop in Alabama where I will race next month.  The shop manager had some good news and some bad news.  This is what he wrote:

We sold the Cervelo S5 we spoke of last time, and you'll now get to ride a 2013 S5 with Sram Red. It'll be a memorable bike leg for sure!

Not knowing anything about the bike he alluded to, I ran to the computer to check.  OMG!  What a sweet ride.  I probably won't do it justice but I will try like heck.  SOOOOOO excited (can you hear the squeal?).

In the meantime, I am off to Long Boat Key for a week for a family vacation and have been fortunate enough to connect with a local Masters swim club and a local cycling club.  Both are taking me under their wing and I've got some great workouts planned.   What a great season this is shaping up to be.  Back at 'ya after vacation.