Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, April 29, 2013

New Beginnings

I was trying to think of a name for this post and several came to mind... 'The Game is On', 'Let the Season Begin' and in honor of this weekend's Kentucky Derby, 'And I'm Off'... but since this year is probably the most special, I wanted to have a less tongue-in-cheek tone.  It is indeed the new beginning of the 2013 triathlon season but hardly the beginning of this campaign.  In fact, it is the beginning of the end of what started as a whimsical idea to race around the country in celebration of my life.  Clearly it has turned into something much bigger than that.
Even though the campaign is winding down, my 50 states are almost complete and I am likely to raise the $100,000 I aimed for, the work is far from over.  Although scientists are closer than ever, there is still NO method of early detection for ovarian cancer.  But you probably already know that.  My official campaign may end this year but the mission to tell women about signs and symptoms and early detection is endless and will continue.
With that said this weekend is Alabama, representing state #43.