Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Survivors Teaching Students

This morning my campaign took a twist.  I was a presenter for Survivors Teaching Students, a program through the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance.  Survivors Teaching Students® brings ovarian cancer survivors into health professionals’ classrooms to share their stories and key information about the disease. The program has grown to include 92 medical schools around the country as well as 45 nurse practitioner, nursing and physician assistant training programs and schools.  Today I was at Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn and spoke to a class of 30 eager, third year medical students.  It was incredibly rewarding and the possibilities excite me.  Just think if we can put ovarian cancer on the radar of medical students, how early diagnosis' can be affected.  It gives me goose bumps to think about it.