Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, August 16, 2010

3 Races, 3 States, 8 Days

I just got back from a whirlwind adventure this weekend.  I did an Olympic distance race in Virginia... the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia followed by a Sprint distance in Deleware the following day.  This morning I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a truck.  My body hurts.  But it's all for a good cause and I am happy to report that state #19 is complete.  As you know West Virginia was last week so that makes the 3 states in 8 days.
Tons of specatators for Virginia so mom and I were able to hand out lots of cards, talk to lots of people, educate about signs and symptoms and early detection of ovarian cancer and make some friends.  Deleware had a smaller crowd so not as much networking. 
I have 3 more races this season, having planned this past weekend as the "peak" of the summer.  In 2 weeks, I will do a local team race on Long Island.  Then Washington DC in early September and Mississippi in October.  Then some much needed R&R, while planning my race schedule for 2011.
Big thanks to mom who keeps me company and does whatever I ask of her on this adventure.  I really appreciate it!  Now off to work, the chiropractor and a much needed massage this evening.