Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Friends



Meet Conor Nicholson. He participated in his first triathlon at age 12 but in his opinion "that didn't count". This past Sunday was his first "adult" triathlon and I am proud to have shared it with him.

Mom and I met Conor and his wife, Jessica, and 3 month old baby, Claire, at dinner the night before the race. I remember sitting at the table next to them and knew he was racing the following day. He had the look, he wasn't drinking, he was eating pasta and he passed up dessert. Truly the tell tale signs of a triathlete. I, however, had the apple cobbler with ice cream. What does that say about me? I wonder.
I found him after the race and he was thrilled with his results. I was thrilled for him, as you never forget your first race. Jessica snapped this photo right after we both crossed the finish line. So I told him, "now you need to buy the gear". Jessica said, "There's MORE gear?"
Congratulations Conor. Maybe our paths will cross in another state.