Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Staying Close To Home

Another race coming up this weekend but this one is in my own backyard. I have already raced in NY many times so technically, I don't need this race or this state. But this one is special to me because it is a "team event". The group that I train with, Team Total Training, comes out en mass for this event. In fact, I think I might even wear the team colors this weekend and not the OCRF teal uniform I usually wear.
It's funny but I guess I am a bit lonely. I've been traveling all over the country and meeting lots of people but haven't had a chance to see friends, train with the team or do much summer socializing. Don't get me wrong; I am not complaining. But when the opportunity to be with my "peeps" came up, even though I didn't need to race NY, I jumped and registered right away.
So off to Oyster Bay and the TOBAY triathlon this weekend. Wave #6, Sunday morning. Weather forecast is great, after a very soggy, rainy week so the tri spirits will be with us.
Then two more races after that... but I am not thinking about them right now.