Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

40!!!!!

 
It seems the states between 30-39 took forever to complete and yet, here I am at state #40.  It is hard to believe the end is in sight and truth to tell, a little depressing.  The big question these days is "what will you do when the campaign ends?"  I don't have an answer but as I am driven by a dangling carrot, I'm sure I will think of something.
I remember saying at some point that I wanted to finish this campaign having accomplished the obvious goals (fundraising, public awareness) but also wanted to be uninjured and still LOVE the sport.  Well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I have some aches and pains.  You can't race and sit on a plane (and work full time) this much and not have injuries but all in all, I am doing pretty darn well.  And I LOVE THIS SPORT.  I plan to keep racing for a very long time. Last weekend in MN, a 70 year old woman beat most of the 50 year olds.  I want to be her when I grow up.
But first things first...off to Idaho to Race the River (the Spokane that is) and see my best bud, Ann....who is the one who started this whole, crazy triathlon thing.  Can't wait!