Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mile High City



At 5280 feet, this race proved to be one of the most challenging but also one of the most special.  SheROX triathlon series is in partnership with OCRF so the reception was very welcoming.  The speaking platform was provided at the awards ceremony and I was able to carry the message to almost 300 women.  The survivor's wave was quite large and several women, including members of Team Hope, approached me afterwards for hugs and tears.  Some with success stories and some with stories of women who lost a battle, this is why I race.
A big thanks to Willy (a friend of a friend who is now a friend of mine) for building a bike for me.  Once a bike mechanic and bike shop owner, Willy now rides and tinkers with bikes for pleasure.  It was indeed an honor to meet Willy and his family and expand my circle of support.  Averaging over 18  mph, my homemade sled was pretty sweet.
As for the altitude, well... it proved to be a tough swim but I recovered nicely on the bike and run.  I wound up taking 4th place which is thrilling considering the circumstances.  All in all, a really great race in the Mile High City of Aurora, Colorado.  State #38 complete.