Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Way Up North

I am headed to Minnesota this weekend for state #39 in Chaska.  The Chaska Triathlon has been so supportive and I want to thank the race director for connecting me with the press.  I interviewed with the Chaska Herald and hope to have a story in the paper two days before the event.  It's been a learning process with the press but what I discovered is that if the campaign gets some press a few days before, race participants know who I am and approach me (or are more approachable) the day of the event.  That means that women (and men) are more receptive to the information I share about early detection of ovarian cancer.  That's the point after all.  So a big shout out to the RD for helping make an impact in Minnesota!
On another note, selfishly I chose Chaska for it's proximity to several of my friends.  I've got three people I am visiting while in the area for 60 hours.  It'll be more of a whirlwind tour than usual but worth it to be able to connect with "old" friends along the way....all at 46 degrees latitude.  Now that's way up north!