Contribute To My Cause By CLICKING HERE!
As an ovarian cancer survivor, I will race in 50 triathlons in all 50 states by 50-years-old to raise $100,000 for ovarian cancer research. This campaign is self inspired, self orchestrated and 100% self funded. In addition, all in-kind donations are turned into cash donations by me in the same name of the person who donates. I race for women who have lost their battle, women undergoing treatment and women yet to be diagnosed.

Please help with even a $10 donation!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Swimming Hickey

The swimming portion of the sport of triathlon can be very aggressive.  I've come home with cuts, bruises and lumps from the kicking that ensues from trying to claim one's space.  It is not uncommon to come home after a race, do a body inspection and see marks like the one in the photo.  However, I didn't race this week.  This particular blemish appeared after a swim practice with my team this week.  How on earth....?  Dubbed the swimming hickey, I believe I must have crashed into a lane buoy at some point.  We were doing a 1500 meter time trail and so there was passing going on.  At some point I was pushed up against the lane buoy to allow a third person up the middle.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.